Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Life as a Wife with a Traveling for work Husband





My husband has always been an extremely hard worker. When we first started out as a young married couple with dreams and a little apartment, he worked nights at Wendy's- for 3 years. Then as our family got bigger- he got a job at a local factory working the over night shift, weekends, holidays. He worked 12 hour shifts. He's never complained. He always still helped me so much. He made sure we had everything we needed. 

We still lie awake at night sharing our dreams with each other- if in person or over the phone. With every struggle, with times we didn't know if we would make it, we still prayed hard and dreamed hard. We strived to be content in that small apartment. No matter what other people seemed to have or get.

My husband came home from work one day and told me they had cut everyone's hours at work. We were both so scared. So we prayed and God laid something on our heart- truck driving. It seemed to be a way out of the fear we had. Just for a little while- we promised each other.

It's amazing how God works out everything for our good! It's been almost 2 years since he took this job. And I have found out just how badly I needed Jesus. How strong our marriage became because of sacrifice. Nights I couldn't of made it without His Word, His peace. 

I've been asked things the last couple years about why does my husband truck drive and it's simple- God led him to do it and we know God sees the bigger picture before us. He directs our steps and I am giving Him our family. I trust, without abandon that Jesus will do something huge. Every family situation is different and what works for us may not work for someone else. 

But I've had some of the hugest blessings in my life come out of the hard ships of my husband being gone for work. I've met an amazing community of like wives going through the same thing. I've got stronger, wiser, better. Raising my kids alone for 3 weeks at a time has been extremely rough at times- but God has carried me. 

I want to continue this in another post, so if your husband works away, please share your heart in the comments. Or if you've experienced it in the past. I've realize how precious it is for women to share together so we can be there for one another. 



I'm going to be sharing some ideas of what has helped me. 

Much love. 




3 comments:

  1. Such beautiful words. God has blessed and is continuing to bless your family through your obedience ❤ so thankful and blessed by your friendship. Thank you for sharing yours and your family's lives with us. Love you ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a pilot and gone 4-6 days a week so I totally understand the joy and struggles of a husband gone. I've always been religious but never found my own journey. I've always relied on others to carry me through on their testimony. It wasn't till we struggled to get pregnant and had to go through infertility and when I gave birth to our twin boys a year ago That l realize I needed God and I needed my own relationship with him. Im trying my best to raise our boys with love and laughter and on the days I feel like I could really use an extra pair of hands I ask God to help carry me through. Thank you for your beautiful post and for the reminder there is beauty and joy in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with your words! Though the last couple of months have been a struggle for me while my husband is working away, I would not take it back! We are better, stronger, more in love because of it! Blessings to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete